- Teaching workshops and classes for community colleges and adult education programs, and
speaking before community and business organizations.
- Networking in organizations, such as trade and business associations, as well as with
professionals who work in industries related to this field, like business consultants,
interior designers, and architects, who can refer clients to you.
- Personal contact with people you meet.
- Yellow-pages advertising under Organizing Services or Personal Services.
- Publicity through news releases and writing articles.
- Listing in the directory of the National Association of Professional Organizers.
- Writing a newsletter, with organizing tips, for past and potential clients.
- Developing cross-referrals with other types of professional organizers.